4 months ago
De Vere Theobalds Estate
An elegant and historic Georgian country mansion in Hertfordshire seamlessly combined with modern conference facilities provides the perfect place for your next career move. Located in 55 acres of parkland and only 10 miles from London, the impressive 140 bedroomed property that boasts 29 meetings rooms, a bar and a restaurant, this hotel really has a wide variety of opportunities within all departments.
What is the main purpose of the role?
As part of our Housekeeping team, your responsibilities include maintaining the cleanliness and good order of all rooms to create a pleasant environment for our guests and our team.
In addition, you will perform cleaning and maintenance of all storage areas, public areas and employee areas to the required standard. You will handle any guest queries in a courteous and professional manner and escalate as required, as well as reporting any malfunctioning equipment, damaged furniture or maintenance problems.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you should have excellent personal presentation and a strong work ethic. You will be proactive, able to work under your own initiative and the drive to consistently meet our high standards in terms of cleanliness and brand pillars ensuring our guests have a comfortable stay with us. Ideally you will also have experience in a similar role.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive schemes
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty