10 months ago
The Principal Edinburgh George Street
George Street is the smartest address in Edinburgh’s New Town, and The Principal Edinburgh George Street lives up to its location, thanks – in particular – to the recent, multi-million pound renovation of the entire hotel. Elegant designs by Goddard Littlefair are respectful of the original, listed Georgian townhouses that form the heart of the hotel, but provide all the comfort and convenience of modern travel. A brand new restaurant, The Printing Press, champions fresh, seasonal, Scottish produce, whilst Burr & Co. is a lovely little coffee shop. At the heart of the M&E portfolio is the grand King’s Hall, originally built for the Caledonian Insurance Company.
What is the main purpose of the role?
As part of our Housekeeping team, your responsibilities include maintaining the cleanliness and good order of all rooms to create a pleasant environment for our guests and our team.
In addition, you will perform cleaning and maintenance of all storage areas, public areas and employee areas to the required standard. You will handle any guest queries in a courteous and professional manner and escalate as required, as well as reporting any malfunctioning equipment, damaged furniture or maintenance problems. You will be assigned a maxium of 13 room per day ( a mixture of departs and stay overs)
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you should have excellent personal presentation and a strong work ethic. You will be proactive, able to work under your own initiative and the drive to consistently meet our high standards in terms of cleanliness and brand pillars ensuring our guests have a comfortable stay with us. Ideally you will also have experience in a similar role.
* A competitive salary
* 28 holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive schemes where you could earn an extra 50p her hour
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* 25% dicount on food in printing Press Bar & Kitchen
* 25% discount in Burr & Co.