11 months ago
This is an exciting and varied role in which you will be rotated around as a Host/Hostess in our restaurant Laurent at Café Royal as well as taking restaurant reservations in our F&B office.
You’ll be on hand to welcome, sit & farewell guests, deal with queries, process reservations & payments, provide information and organise table plans. In between, you will also assist with clearing tables, neatening furniture and any other duties as required. Most importantly you’re there to see beyond the obvious and to ensure that all guests if near or far are personally attended and to create an exceptional first and last impression during their time in our premises.
* A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm, whilst adding a touch of theatre to the guest’s experience
* A background in a similar role, ideally gained within luxury 4 or 5 star hotel or other high end restaurant
* Your communication skills will be exceptional with the confidence to build strong working relationships and connect with guests visiting us from all over the world - fluent level of spoken and written English is essential and another language is advantageous
* Naturally, your grooming and personal presentation should be immaculate
* Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekend shifts is essential
* Working knowledge of system such as Quadranet or Open Table is highly desirable
* Competitive salary package
* Complimentary meals on duty in our colleague restaurant
* Complimentary laundering of work attire
* Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
* Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
* Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
* Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
* Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
* Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
* Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.