about 1 year ago
Wychwood Park, Crewe
Whychwood Park is a Golfing haven set in the Cheshire countryside – but could it be the place for your next dream career move? With a plethora of opportunities available from not just the maintaining and managing of the US PGA standard golf course, but also the 27 successful conference and banqueting rooms, 108 bedrooms, an abundance of bespoke weddings and events and a bar and restaurant, there is plenty of opportunities for development here.
Restaurant & Bar Manager
Your key role will be to bring your flair and passion to the food service delivery in our contemporary theatre style Steam, Bake and Grill Restaurant and to oversee the same fantastic service in our Hotel Bar.
How will you achieve your goals?
• Builds an internal and external network, keeping up to date with current trends and the local marketplace.
• Contribute to business strategy discussions to ensure the maximum results for the business are achieved.
• Carry out training to continually improve the skill base of the Restaurant Team. To also become involved with the ongoing training of the Kitchen, to assist in their product knowledge and thus improve synergy between the two areas.
• Ensure all Training provided is documented and signed off by relevant staff, and that a personal development plan is in place for every member of the team.
• Motivate the Restaurant Team by being confident, through your personality being dynamic and positive at all times, leading from the front.
• Create and subsequently develop a database of all customers, capturing all relevant information that will encourage repeat business.
• Ensure that guest feedback is communicated to all staff and any action required is carried out immediately together with the Training that is necessary to address points of concern.
• Take an active involvement in the recruitment and selection of the Restaurant team members
• Work alongside the Head Chef ensuring that standards of both food service and production are consistently high and that the agreed standards are maintained and regularly tested and reviewed.
• Minimise waste of man hours through effective Rostering. Ensuring no unnecessary payroll costs and to work to budgeted payroll targets set against revenue.
• Carry out Duty Management shifts.
• Ensure the Restaurant is always organised to meet business demands, with particular attention being given to stock controls and payroll.
• Understand and participate in all target setting activities with Senior Managers within the team and to ensure that these are communicated effectively to all other team members and achievements are reviewed and also communicated.
• In conjunction with Head Chef organise and execute daily taste panels with Kitchen and Restaurant Team to underpin their existing Food and Beverage knowledge.
• Be responsible for implementing and continually reviewing the effectiveness of all Health and Safety Practises and procedures to ensure that the restaurant fully complies with all legislation and the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
• Participate in all stock inventories at specified intervals and to be active in controlling stock in accordance with the agreed budget.
• Ensure that Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments are carried out, reviewed yearly, training staff in all aspects
The Ideal Candidate
• You will have previous experience within a similar style restaurant – i.e. high volume and high quality and have been in a senior front of house position in a similar style operation.
• It would be desirable if at some point in your career you have had some hotel experience, however this is not essential.
• The ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with situations with finesse and style is essential.
• You should be an excellent communicator with the ability to put people at ease and excel at providing friendly, courteous and professional service to all internal and external customers/guests, at all times.
• Excellent budgeting and food costing skills are key in being successful in this role.
• We are also looking for someone who can be bold and innovative in approaching our business; do not be afraid to take risks.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive schemes
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty