12 months ago
Residential Group Sales Executive
: United Kingdom-London-The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Residential Group Sales Executive
As a Residential Group Sales Executive you will be Involved from the selling process stage, working as a pair with the Residential Group Planner and Planning Manager, the Residential Group Sales Executive’s responsibility is to convert enquiries into confirmed bookings with a keen attention to maximizing revenue.
The Savoy, a Fairmont Managed Hotel, is one of the world's most iconic hotels. A renowned leader in the hospitality industry, The Savoy has a reputation for outstanding service and excellence. Originally built in 1889, the hotel has a rich history and has played host to royalty, world leaders and legends of the stage and screen. Today, colleagues pride themselves on being innovative and inspirational, delivering the very best in five star luxury. Passionate about developing and promoting talent, The Savoy offers unwavering support and recognition to colleagues, as well as having a very competitive benefits plan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Events Title, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* General document and correspondence production and distribution to include but not limited to: client contract letters, production of amenity requests and VIP cards, turnover letters, BEOs, facsimile cover sheets, production of pre-convention booklets and tent cards for guests attending, creating of revised schedule ‘A’ (meeting space reserved for a convention further to program changes), preparation of post-convention reports, daily events postings.
* General office processes and activities to include, but not limited to: copying and delivery of deposit checks to the Accounting Department, faxing and retrieval (complete with confirmation sheets), departmental documents, photocopying, mailing of departmental correspondence, checking of assigned managers mailbox (twice daily), competitor reader board surveys, prompt distribution of last minute changes to affected departments, participate in the distribution of reviewed ‘Post As/Daily Event Posting’ materials as required.
* Deal with telephone and e-mail enquiries for the Group and Events department.
* Initiate booking process by creating accounts/bookings, establishing departmental files and generating notifying affected departments to any types of guest or client inquiries.
* Ensure files are maintained on a regular basis and thorough handovers are provided as per the departmental guidelines to the Planner and Planning Manager
* Participate in monthly departmental meetings.
* Carry out site inspections of clients and potential clients, pre-booked or walk-ins.
* To attend in house familiarization trips and events in order to promote the hotel facilities.
* Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when the situation arises.
* Must be aware of any procedures for any function reservations, changes or cancellations.
* Adhere to all Savoy policies and procedures as outlined by the hotel.
* Be an active colleague of the Savoy team in our mission of ‘Turning Moments into Memories’ for our guests.
* Take ownership of his/her bookings guiding the client through the contracting stages of the Group and Event process to ensure a successful seamless event.
* To provide individual weekly figures by updating the monthly commentary with all contracted and provisional business.
* Take over responsibilities of the coordinator in their absence.
* Sell the hotel facilities when associated with booking any Groups or Events.
* Responsible for in-putting information into S&C, for the accuracy and integrity of information.
* To ensure bookings are followed up with on a regular basis as per the Director of Group and Events.
* Proactively seeking additional business from existing clients
* Responsible for re-booking annual clients and maintaining those relationships
* To attend training and meetings as and when required
* To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, department or hotel
* To comply with local legislation as required
* 1-3 years experience in the Hospitality Industry.
* Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
* A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
* Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
* Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
* Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties.
* Excellent customer service skills, superior interpersonal skills, results-oriented and highly self-motivated
* Able to multi-task and work under pressure
* Knowledge of meeting space capacities pertaining to health and safety procedures and terminology of meeting room set ups
* Food and beverage and banqueting operations knowledge are an asset.
* Good understanding of all hotel departments, particularly housekeeping, front office, banquets and kitchen
* Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Knowledge of S&C is an asset
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Must be legally eligible to work in the UK. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining UK work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Day Job