28 days ago
Thank you for calling The Imperial Hotel, Blackpool, (this could be you) speaking, how can I help you today?
We have an amazing opportunity to join our team as a Reservations Manager.
As Reservation Manager, you are responsible for achieving occupancy targets/levels as identified in the annual budget and marketing plan for Reservations. The Reservation Manager will report directly to the General Manager and work closely with the Group Director of Revenue to develop future and repeat business opportunities. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Maximise occupancy levels by reviewing and revising revenue strategies
* Work with the Director of Revenue to maximise corporate and group rates
* Manage third party sites and agents to establish rates, negotiate prices, ensure proper implementation of reservations procedures, and maximise conversion ratios to achieve targets for the department
* Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
* Understand the competitive marketplace and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
* Ensure Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high-quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
* Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
* Manage the team’s upsell targets and relationship with third party partner.
* Proactively seek out new opportunities to drive occupancy through close collaboration with internal team members
* Assist in the managing, training, and developing of the Team
* Participate in the organisation of hotel promotional activities
* Be an active part of the hotels management team and led by example
The Exciting Opportunity
The successful applicant for this role will deliver excellent customer service, have a positive ‘can do' attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care. The Imperial Hotel is all about the guest and their journey, we want to make it seamless and easy. The Imperial is a home away from home.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Imperial Hotel, Blackpool, is a grand 19th Century hotel recalling the opulence and glamour of this famous resort's Victorian heyday, with all the comforts of modern life.
Situated on North Promenade, The Imperial Hotel is a Blackpool landmark, and has welcomed a host of royalty, politicians, statesmen and stars of both the stage and screen over the years. The hotel enjoys spectacular views over the beach to the sea and is close to all major attractions.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH Hotels because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing, and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There's open, clear communication from the top
* We've got great career development opportunities
* There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes.
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Money off high street retailers
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone who can communicate well with others, can carry out instructions, is able to pay close attention to detail and will commit to providing outstanding service to our guests. Experience within a similar role is preferable and knowledge of a property management system will be beneficial, training is provided.
The Bigger Picture
The Imperial Hotel Blackpool is managed by RBH Hotels; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot, and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So, if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!