10 months ago
Salary £16577 per annum
Crowne Plaza Glasgow, Congress Road, Glasgow , G3 8QT
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with 17 properties in the UK and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels.
The Reservations Agent role involves a range of duties dealing with our guests reservations including: taking reservations by telephone and online, processing, amending and updating so that upon arrival the booking is accurate. You will carry out reservation checks, take deposits and deal with advance purchase bookings. Following up provisional bookings you will convert enquiries into sales ensuring maximum occupancy and room rates are achieved on every occasion. Proactively selling as a Reservations Agent you will identify opportunities for upselling on every booking.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Reservations Agent role include:
• Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
• Analysing why customers behave as they do and adapts accordingly.
• Promoting effective relationships with customers and internal departments.
• Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
• Looking for sales opportunities within the thinking and planning process
• Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
• Providing clear and timely information to customers and the sales department.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests
The successful applicant must have previous experience in a similar position preferably in hotel/hospitality related role. Working in an administration/reception background you will be computer literate and able to work flexible hours.
br />In return we offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve National Apprenticeship Standards/SVQ, the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
Brief Hotel Description:
• Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
The Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an impressive hotel overlooking the River Clyde and directly linked to the SEC and beside the SSE Hydro Arena. It has 283 bedrooms, Meeting Centre facilities for up to 800 delegates, Mariner Restaurant & Bar and Health and Fitness Club.
Apply now for the Reservation Agent position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.