6 months ago
Brown's Hotel is London's first hotel. It opened its doors on Albemarle Street in 1837. Since then we have hosted famous guests from all walks of life. Located in Mayfair, we are just moments away from the famed Bond Street boutiques, Dover Street Market, The Royal Academy of Arts and many independent art galleries.
Regional Payroll Clerk (4 days a week)
Currently looking for a Regional Payroll Clerk here at Brown’s Hotel, covering both The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh and Brown’s Hotel, London. This position will be over 4 days.
This is a great opportunity for a Payroll Clerk to work with a team who are dedicated and passionate about producing the very best luxury service in London in one of the top hotels. As a Regional Payroll Clerk you will also assist with addition accounts duties throughout the week.
Benefits for our Regional Payroll Clerk:
• 28 days holiday including bank holidays
• Special room rates across Rocco Forte properties – up to 2 rooms for 3 nights!
• 50% discount in our Restaurant, Bar and The English Tea Room
• 25% off spa treatments and products
• Laundry of uniform
• Specialised learning and development programmes
• Meals of duty
• And many many more!
What we look for in our Regional Payroll Clerk?
• PASSION, ENERGY and MOTIVATION!
• Dedication for producing 5 star service – with a smile!
• Knowledge of payroll within a similar environment
• Organisation and good time keeping is extremely important
• Following and keeping to company standards
What does our Regional Payroll Clerk do?
• To manage the day to day input of payroll for two hotels.
• To collect all overtime and agency timesheets and process into the relevant payroll system
• To input all information onto computerised payroll system including overtime, incentives, gratuities etc
• Check on new starters for tax papers and National Insurance Numbers.
• Ensure that all employee records are maintained up to date including holidays and sickness.
• To ensure that Public holidays are actioned and controlled.
• Action all enquiries regarding Inland Revenue and DHSS e.g. housing benefits and council tax forms.
• To process all arrestments and send the money owed to the relevant people, where this is not automatically done by the payroll provider.
• To efficiently answer all staff enquiries relating to their pay.
• To ensure that all leavers are cleared from the system and P45 are issued via payroll provider.
• To prepare weekly payroll reports for both hotels, to monitor forecast and actual payroll costs compared to budget and forecasted revenues.
• To produce weekly KPI’s to assist RFC and GM’s to effectively manage payroll cost
• To effectively arrange cash advances or cash wage payments according to hotel policies.
• To check all payroll reports thoroughly at month end liaising with RFC and Finance Manager to ensure all staff are paid on time and correctly.
• To arrange tax and National Insurance payments.
• To assist the RFC and Finance Manager as required with other accounts department tasks
• Additional accounts duties to be carried out in addition to payroll
How do we support our Regional Payroll Clerk?
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to progress within the Finance Department and gain an understanding of how the department operates.
As a hotel we offer the following:
• Giving the Regional Payroll Clerk more responsibilities to help grow
• Developing and progressing throughout the team
• Promotions and instant recognitions