4 months ago
The job in a nutshell
Part of a small team within the People Team providing end to end in-house recruitment to our Principal hotels, as well as assisting other hotels throughout the business with recruitment tools and advice
Being a fixed term contract, we are looking to begin interviewing with the aim for contracts to begin in May and finish end of September.
What you’ll be doing
Recruitment Advice & Service Provision
* Follow and use a common sense approach when using our standard recruitment process. Recruiting high volume, entry level roles across Travelodge operations.
* Follow the end to end recruitment process, including advertising, screening and system management for volume roles.
* Conduct appropriate methods of screening, including CV sifting and telephone interviewing.
* Where required, use additional job boards and channels to recruit in hard to fill areas.
* Coordinate and sometimes facilitate assessment days on site and remotely.
* Manage the feedback process to candidates for appropriate roles.
* Provision of a recruitment advisory service, including the use and interpretation of a toolkit that suits the specific needs of our stakeholders.
* Maintain quality administration including vacancy postings and provision of reporting and dashboard information for vacancies
* Manage the Analytics and reporting of the Recruitment team using the agreed framework.
* Manage vacancies and administration using the recruitment system and advise.
* Build effective relationships with hiring managers, stakeholders and suppliers.
* Be a point of contact for any recruitment queries from the wider People Team.
* Delivery of our scope of services and honouring service level agreements, meeting agreed targets and therefore delivering an excellent recruitment service.
What we’ll expect from you
Working in this fast paced environment, you will need good time management, planning and organisational skills to drive results and work to exceed targets for yourself and your team. We are all about people, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must, along with the ability to work as part of team and interact with people at all levels. Discretion and confidentiality is a must. A large amount of our reporting is through Google sheets so basic analytical skills and competency of using the same or similar systems is beneficial. Any recruiting or telephone interview experience, as well as HR experience and knowledge of ATS systems would be advantageous.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.