8 months ago
Join us as a Receptionist
InterContinental Edinburgh The George are looking for Receptionist join our expanding Team.
InterContinental Edinburgh The George has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881. A nod to Edinburgh’s rich literary heritage, The Printing Press Bar & Kitchen was once home to acclaimed novelist Susan Ferrier), whilst Burr & Co. is a lovely coffee shop with a devoted local following.
Winner of Luxury Brand Hotel of the Year at the 2019 Scottish Hotel Awards.
What we offer
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Great IHG Perks
* Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
As receptionist, your role is to ensure smooth check-in and check-out of guests, following company guidelines at all times. You will live the InterContinental values every day and ensure that our service behaviours are followed through at each stage of the guest stay. To anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction. You will promote all the hotels facilities and amenities to the guest, always looking for opportunities for suggestive selling.
You should have effective communication skills, a good attention to detail and clearly customer focused, with a dynamic and flexible attitude. It is essential that you have Hotel Reception experience, ideally within a 4/5 Star hotel to be considered for this role. You will have working knowledge of Opera and micros.
We are looking for a Reception Supervisor with Passion, Energy and Warmth.
All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including Weekdays, Nights, Weekends and Bank Holidays
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Receptionist, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.