5 months ago
At Crowne Plaza Docklands we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
Crowne Plaza London Docklands offers 210 bedrooms and 4-star accommodation in one of London’s fastest growing districts and the heart of the 2012 iconic sporting victories, with 8 modern meeting rooms. We are just minutes from key event locations such as the ExCeL Exhibition Centre, The O2 Arena and Stratford City. The hotel accommodation offers a perfect place to stay in London, making us the number one choice for a London City Airport hotel connection.
With good transport links, the hotel can be easily accessed by public transport. Royal Victoria train station is about 2 minutes’ walk to the hotel. Our employees have been playing a tremendous part in the hotel and our team success, from our employee engagement being above 92%.
The Docklands Suite is the largest of the meeting rooms and also has the facility to be partitioned into East and West Docklands giving you flexibility and the option to use one room for two purposes. The room also has a civil ceremony license and with the stunning backdrop over the Royal Victoria Dock, we were awarded in 2018 with a Gold accreditation for overall satisfaction by BDRC, ranking us in the top 4 within our portfolio.
We are currently looking for a motivated, professional individual with personality and passion to join our winning team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time Receptionist to join an amazing team, reporting to the Front Office Manager. You will be required to work shift patterns of morning, afternoon and sometimes required to cover the night shift on certain occasions. The successfully recruited Guest Service Assistant will have excellent interpersonal skills and will be a crucial part of our guests’ journey.
As Receptionist, you must be self-motivated and be personable in the way you deal with people, who believe in delivering the best possible standards in guest service. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills to handle guest complaints and show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
* Being the main point of contact for all in-house and external guest queries and requests requirements throughout your shift
* Maintains knowledge of departmental standards and procedures
* Performs check in, check out and room change procedures and ensures all data are entered completely into the hotel systems in accordance with reservations
* Prepares all required information for a well-handled group check-in and checkout
* Daily based cashier check of all open balances, especially city ledgers
* Maintains cashier float and ensure accurate daily report of all money received
* Handles the correct billing of guest expenses
* Stays informed about all modifications to accounting policies and procedures
* Responsibility for the correct message handling
* Daily check of all departures, informing guests about the late check out costs and procedures
* Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures, for programs such as IHG Loyalty programs
The ideal candidate is an individual who cares about providing excellent service to our guests and who can use their intuition and creativity to deliver a wondrous experience for everyone. It is a fantastic opportunity for an amicable professional who likes to be helpful. You will be able to maintain a positive and calm outlook regardless of what challenges the shift might bring, and able to make the right decision. Experience within a similar environment is preferable; however, we are looking for an individual with the right attitude rather than experience and will give you the tools to ensure you will be successful in your role.
If you are interested in joining a winning team where you are an empowered to be yourself at work, we would love to hear from you.
What’s In It For You?
People love to work with RBH Hospitality Management because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There’s open, clear communication from the top
* We’ve got great career development opportunities
* There’s a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.