7 months ago
Reception Supervisor - Babington House
Target earnings of £12ph
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
Set in 18 acres in the heart of Somerset, Babington House opened in 1998 for those who wanted to enjoy the countryside but weren’t prepared to compromise on urban luxuries. With 32 individually designed bedrooms for all occasions as well as the Main House were you will find the restaurant, traditional stone Orangery, Deli Bar, Library, Snooker Room and Study.
Other facilities at Babington House include the Cowshed Relax spa, indoor and outdoor heated pools, a gym, steam room, sauna, and Cinema. The grounds have tennis courts, a cricket pitch, croquet lawn, walled garden which or gardens grow herbs, vegetables which supply our kitchen daily as well as our onsite chapel and idyllic lake.
Babington House is currently recruiting for a Reception Supervisor. Your role will oversee Front Office operations to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. You will join a team of 6 in the Front Office Department as a key member of the hotel team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to support leading and guiding our Front Office team whilst ensuring flawless operational service processes in the Reception area.
* Oversee the entire Reception operation in absence of Management
* Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
* Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
* Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
* Train and develop the Reception team
Our Reception team create memorable experiences for our guests and members. We are looking for a Reception Supervisor who will represent Soho House & Co by delivering and exceeding our guest expectations.
Previous experience as a Reception Supervisor or Team Leader in a hotel would be beneficial. Your passion will be to exceed our guests expectations with amazing service and efficient check in and out. You will be focused on brand standards and genuinely care about guest experience and exceeding guest expectations. You are a comfortable leader and strive to develop the reception team to become their best. You will have the ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment.
Experience of using Opera desirable but not essential.
2 + years experience in a Hotel Reception/Guest Services role.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
* One of the most competitive salaries within the hospitality industry
* Fantastic career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
* Meal on shift
* Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings, guest demonstrations from industry professionals, sourcing and tasting trips and our own in-house magazine
* Subsidised gym memberships, pension and great discounts across our sites