5 months ago
De Vere Tortworth Court
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment project, this is a truly exciting time to join De Vere Tortworth Court! Set within a 30-acre estate featuring one of the UK’s most impressive arboretums, this stunning venue boasts a Grade II-listed Victorian mansion house, 201 bedrooms and 12 impressive event spaces as well as a newly created spa, all conveniently located just 20 minutes from Bristol, with easy access to J14 of the M5. We’ve recently launched the 1853 Restaurant & Bar serving classic British dishes, our Atrium Bistro bar, decked with indoor trees under a 60-foot high glass roof as well as our elegant yet cosy Library bar.
What is the main purpose of the role?
The main focus of this role will be to provide a courteous, efficient and friendly service to all hotel customers by supplying the highest possible levels of customer care, whilst supporting the Front of House Manager and Front of House Team.
You’ll be fully conversant with the Hotel’s facilities and local amenities to be able to respond to guest enquiries and work to anticipate guest needs wherever possible to consistently deliver exceptional quality of service and in turn, guest satisfaction.
As the Reception Shift Leader, you’ll ensure all shifts are supervised efficiently and all Reception duties are carried out to the agreed Company and Hotel Standards of Performance. You’ll also get the opportunity to support the Front of House Manager in the recruitment, induction, training and development of the Reception team.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal Reception Shift Leader will have previous experience within the hospitality industry, in a similar sized hotel and with leading a small team. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and the ability to multi task. You will also be Microsoft Office literate, and previous Opera experience would be a definite advantage.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
Please take a look.