about 1 month ago
De Vere Staverton Estate
Situated in 150 acres of landscaped parkland, De Vere Staverton Estate boasts 247 bedrooms along with 61 bright and airy event spaces perfect for conferences, meetings and events. Our County Suite, which has recently been refurbished, is an ideal backdrop for weddings and special events. We have a newly refreshed reception area, bar and as well as a brand new coffee shop Burr & Co. There is also a leisure club with heated indoor swimming pool and sauna and a PGA European-tour standard 18-hole golf course in our grounds.
What is the main purpose of the role?
Our Reception Manager will be someone who takes control, accountability and ownership for the management of the Reception team. You’ll promote a positive environment where colleagues are multi skilled to ensure the guest always receives the friendliest and most efficient service possible, while also positively approaching any sales opportunity to maximise sales revenue and exceed budgeted sales targets.
Working closely with your team, you’ll make sure that all colleagues are aware of each day’s business such as any VIPs of the day and any special requirements that may be needed. We are looking for someone with the ability to quickly build strong rapports as the role requires the frequent liaison with a range of other departments such as housekeeping, maintenance and guest relations.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who ideally has Reception Manager experience within a similar sized hotel with the ability to really motivate their teams and delegate effectively. A strong knowledge of the hotel/leisure sector is also key, alongside excellent organisation and time management skills.
Exceptional communication skills are a real necessity, and you’ll need to be able to build effective and strong working relationships with a range of key stakeholders in the business, as well as create a rapport with guests.
* A competitive salary
* 28 /31 /33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.