9 months ago
Travelodge is a great place to work. We’re all proud of our strong growth, vision, ambition and team. We understand that the heart of our success comes from our people. We work very hard to ensure Travelodge is a friendly, fun, challenging, progressive and supportive place to be.
The job in a nutshell
The role of the Project Training Manager is to work closely with project stakeholders to ensure all project training requirements are met to support Travelodge strategy and change initiatives.
The role will own the strategic approach to management of project training and is accountable for working with L&D partners to identify and recommend appropriate commercially viable learning solutions, sourcing and managing external resources to deliver across all elements of the training cycle.
The role is key to driving successful operational change through the design and delivery of training to support key people initiatives and people performance.
What you’ll be doing:
* Working with relevant senior stakeholders (Directors and Dept Heads) across Travelodge to define the training solutions in response to strategic projects/revenue initiatives, ensuring that the outcomes and are agreed with project stakeholders and sponsors.
* Analysing and assessing data to identify gaps and propose commercially thought through training recommendations, either internally supported or sourcing external supplier solution.
* Sometimes working with limited briefs and in ambiguous situations to make relevant recommendations.
* Management of internal resource (Training Officer, Training Advisor and Training co-ordinator) to design learning solutions and administrate project training activities.
* Creating effective proposals, often at speed, to outline training solutions and rationale to support.
* Develops project plan with key training deliverables, risks and outcomes, Outlining budget requirements, key deliverables, and drive through any approvals required.
* Prepares and delivers project progress reports and forecasts for resource and budget planning whilst keeping on top of all project deliverables.
* Manages multiple projects at pace and delivers against key milestones as set out in the project plan, ensure project changes or critical issues are managed and communicated effectively and swiftly.
* Build and manage an appropriate pool of external suppliers (Associates) identifying through selection and assessment relevant expertise that will design and deliver training solutions as agreed in training proposals.
* Management of appropriate Associate contracts working to our external hire policy and satisfying GDPR requirements.
* Assessing, agreeing and subsequently managing the training budget spend in line with agreed costs, ensuring that budget spend is utilised in the most effective way.
* Prepare and deliver training budget forecasts and spend against each project/initiative, ensuring all project training deliverables remain within budget.
* Key point of contact for training aspects of each project - directing and controlling all training related activities. Working closely with the Central Operations team to organise and manage training roll out schedules against our Operational clash plan.
* Preparing and producing progress reports making sure all agreed project deliverables are met.
* Regularly and consistently assesses impact of training against all levels of evaluation; colleague engagement with training to ROI. Ensures Post Implementation Reviews take place for all projects, benchmarking success against objectives and sharing and ing learnings.
* Provides regular updates and reports outlining training progress to stakeholders and highlights risks and issues as they arise.
What we’ll expect from you:
* Previous experience in a Project Manager role is desirable.
* An L&D background is preferred but not essential.
* Previous experience of managing multiple complex projects.
* Strong analytical and data reporting.
* Hands on approach as you will be the point of contact and subject matter expert in all aspects of training in relation to project initiatives.
* You will need to be fully skilled in all aspects of the training cycle. A completer-finisher, you will need to demonstrate proven experience in training design, delivery and facilitation. Demonstrating creation of business plans and proposals, will be advantageous.
* A thorough understanding of how Business Partnering works and has the ability to understand the commercial impacts of decisions that are made.
* Experience in a fast paced environment preferably Hospitality or Retail.
* Strong communication skills and ability to adapt style to people on all levels within the organisation
* High ability to influence
* Able to assimilate and interpret data in order to recommend training proposals and take key actions.
* Able to read and understand P&Ls, dashboards, and company scorecards
* Highly resilient and able to adaptable to change
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
Care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
Attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
Drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote travelodge