5 months ago
The job in a nutshell
Provide category leadership and procurement best practice, across designated categories of spend, as directed by the Head of Procurement, to deliver the agreed savings targets, manage supplier performance and mitigate business risk. Establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels to support the delivery of the procurement strategy. Ensure that all procurement staff are engaged in the delivery of ongoing excellence in procurement and supplier management to meet present and future organisation needs. Coach and develop team members to deliver the best possible procurement outcomes for the budget holder’s departments.
What you’ll be doing:
* Support the Head of Procurement in the development and ongoing maintenance of a strong and credible procurement function that is integral and a leader in the commercial development of the business.
* Establish strong internal client and supplier relationships at all levels. Build professional working relationships promoting communication and innovation. Regularly conduct meetings, encourage an open exchange of ideas and information.
* Lead complex category sourcing projects focussing on savings, risk mitigation, process efficiencies and controls, ensuring a cross functional approach is taken.
* Implement and maintain best practices for end-to-end management of all supplier decisions, sourcing, negotiations, financial analysis, contracting, procurement, and ongoing supplier management in your agreed categories. Procurement to take the lead on negotiations, contract development and adherence to best practice and procurement policy.
* Help business owners develop sourcing strategy and identify SMART specification of needs. Define and conduct requests for information and tenders in support of the budget holders to find the best sourcing solution that meets business and commercial requirements, providing appropriate challenge where necessary.
* Collect and analyse data to identify, initiate and manage opportunities with business owners to procure goods and services more effectively.
* Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members to assist them in becoming high performing procurement professionals.
* Work through the procurement processes to help the business reduce current spend levels and achieve its savings targets. Deliver the target savings including cost avoidance agreed on an annual basis.
Strong Stakeholder Management:
Internal – Business leads in all business functions, their Op Board directors and PA’s
External: - Key Suppliers, Legal Agencies.
Effectively manage a team of Procurement Buyers, Assistant Buyers and Supplier Performance Managers
What we’ll expect from you
* Desire and ability to work in a ‘developing’ procurement environment establishing and driving process adherence and challenging stakeholders where appropriate.
* Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills with the ability to build effective internal and external stakeholder relationships at all levels.
* Strategic and tactical approach to cost management, using innovative thinking to drive savings through means other than simple cost reduction.
* Ability to assimilate information from multiple sources, to challenge and quickly assess validity to understand the true nature of a situation.
* Appropriate operational procurement experience.
* Experience and confidence in contract negotiation.
* Strong numeracy, negotiation and communication (written and verbal) skills.
* Understands and is able to demonstrate Procurement Best Practice.
* Experience of a supply chain for a large multi site operation.
* Ability to reconcile conflicting demands, delivering multiple projects to deadlines.
* Confidence in working at pace and escalating issues to ensure projects stay on track
* Degree educated or equivalent
* Experience of managing a team with ability to coach and develop team members
* Member of CIPS
* Hotel Industry experience.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.