4 months ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Premium Desk Reservations Manager
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Central Reservations in Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex
To maximize hotel revenue and occupancy by developing and implementing revenue management strategies.
To manage the Reservations Department on a daily basis by directing the reservations team, providing unparalleled service delivery to guests and collating and maintaining guest personal details.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the Edwardian Hotels London experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
* Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
* Provides Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
* Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
* To ensure revenue and occupancy are maximized through forecasting and implementing revenue and control strategies.
* To provide the company with positive cash flow through managing the reservations team to ensure the complete and accurate quoting and processing of all reservations and guest records.
* To ensure revenues and occupancy are maximized through forecasting and implementing revenue and control strategies.
* Manages the reservations office on a daily basis ensuring all aspects of advance sales are being completed to targets.
* Ensuring all guests needs are anticipated and recorded to enable the hotel teams to fulfill them on arrival and make the guest feel special
* Coaches, trains and communicates all skills and knowledge required to ensure that the reservations team are consistently performing.
* Ensures all team members know their key accounts and are involved in building / maintaining relationships with all guests, companies and agents.
* Maximizes occupancy and average room rate through actively and consistently reviewing the daily business trends and business on the books, forecasting accurately and implementing the appropriate selling strategies
* Participates in the development of business strategies for rooms revenue which are aligned with the overall objectives of the hotel
* Maximizes room revenue by utilizing yield management techniques and managing the operation of the Reservations Department
* Develops and implements process and guidelines for managing the hotel’s availability
* Communicates rate availability to reservation agents with the central reservations office.
* Increases average rate and occupancy by training staff in appropriate rate quoting, sales skills including Signature Training
* Creates rota’s in accordance employees in accordance with forecasted business and ensures that all appropriate entries are recorded in My Hr World Human Resources System
* Provides appropriate reports to determine existing trends and assist in maximizing revenue, occupancy and average room rate
* Develops and implements strategies and practices which support employee engagement
* Recruits and selects qualified candidates
* Provides employees with the complete induction training as per company guidelines
* Communicates performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback, bi-monthly job chats and 360 appraisals every six months
* Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing employees with the training and resources they need to deliver Yes I Can! service and teamwork
* Uses teamwork to support guests and employees
* Provides employees with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver Yes I Can! service and teamwork
Understand the reservations process including the role of the WRS, distribution channels and reservations flow.
* Know the available products and services and suggest alternatives.
* Understand the positioning of the hotel, services provided and how the hotel can meet the needs of customers and be capable of closing business.
* Is able prepare revenue forecasts for department based on business booked on the books, current and historical booking pace and impact of special promotions
* Is able to determine appropriate staffing levels based on forecasted revenue and anticipated business and create staffing schedules which optimize the balance between desired profitability, customer demands and employee desires
* Is skilled in developing and adhering to department budget
* Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality level
* Has a high level company knowledge
* Understanding Signature Standards and Sales technique
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.