29 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fitness Coach to join our highly successful team in Birmingham Walsall where you will receive a competitive salary plus amazing benefits which include FREE parking, FREE membership to our state of the art gyms, excellent holiday allowance as well as discounted food & beverage and stays in our hotels.
As our Fitness Coach you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. You should have a warm, personable nature and a can do attitude. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed.
You must have experience in a similar environment with the knowledge and confidence to deliver the role described below combined with a passion for delivering exceptional service through your team.
As a Fitness Coach you will:
* Assist the Leisure Club Operations Manager and Team Leaders in delivering the highest possible standards to members.
* You will carry out health and wellbeing checks, fitness orientations and personal training sessions alongside delivering outstanding vibrant gym and studio classes to motivate and guarantee an effective work out for our members
* This is all combined with the on-going health and safety duties and responsibilities for the gym floor and studios. You will work as part of a team to ensure the gym floor and studio cleanliness standards remain impeccable by completing cleaning tasks inline with our gym cleaning rota. You ensure our club is more than just a place to work out; it’s a way of life for our members.
* You achieve this by focusing on assisting our members in achieving their goals and getting the most out of their leisure club membership. You’ll love sports, fitness and the leisure industry, and be able to build relationships with members quickly.
* Deliver all elements of our Health and Wellbeing Checks, Fitness Orientations, Personal Training Sessions and gym floor / group fitness offerings
· Maintain regular communication with members, assessing their needs, well being etc., to increase retention rate.
· Inform members and guests of the Leisure Club rules and regulations and enforce these as necessary.
· Deal with all enquiries promptly and in a professional manner, taking every opportunity to upsell.
· Deal with any complaints politely and positively and make every effort to resolve them. If you cannot resolve them, refer to your Supervisor, but, in any case, advise full details to your Supervisor at the first opportunity.
· Ensure that all equipment is clean and working correctly and that dry areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
· Complete H&S checks and report any defects in equipment, damage or general wear and tear to your manager, team leader and the Maintenance Department.
· Conduct fitness tests, health and wellbeing checks, gym induction and prepare exercise programmes.
· Assist with the organisation and co-ordination of classes, clubs and social events.
· Respond immediately to the pool alarm and take appropriate action in the event of an emergency.
· Observe all Health and Safety Regulations e.g. COSHH
· Assist with special promotions and prepare visual displays, as required, taking every opportunity to up sell.
· Be aware of and operate the hotel cash handling, security and emergency procedures.
· Respect members and guests’ privacy at all times.
Pool Responder training provided to undergo pool duties
* Support all members of the Team to achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene and Health & Safety.
Why choose us?
We operate at the luxury/lifestyle end of the market with typically 125 bedrooms. Each of our hotels is equipped with fantastic leisure and dining facilities. They also have a Starbucks, meeting rooms and conference facilities. We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way.
If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels and would like to work for a company that gives you job security, supportive management, a great team spirit and a real feeling of inclusiveness then Village Hotels is the place for you.
Our values and behaviours (inspirational, driven, commercial, detailed and resilient) demonstrate our passion for giving our guests an excellent experience and our staff the best career opportunities.
Apply now to be our Personal Trainer/Fitness Coach.