6 months ago
Posting Date Oct 22, 2018
Job Number 18002YJU
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by preparing quality and consistent pastries for all areas. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Leading the Pastry Team
• Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Assists in the supervision of pastry preparation shift operations.
• Prepares food items and executes requests based on required specifications.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Pastry Team
• Develops, designs, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Assists the Executive Chef with menu development associated with Pastry.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Monitors and Provides service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Supports achievement of culinary goals associated with pastry products including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Provides assistance in prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing daily pastry operations work.
• Supports procedures for food and beverage portion and waste controls.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manages inventories according to budget.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.