We have a great opportunity for an experienced and talented Pastry Chef, based at our stunning 5* property The Royal Horseguards Hotel. This role will be working at Junior Sous Chef level,
As a Pastry Chef; you will work closely with the Executive Head Chef, and be responsible for working all sections of the pastry department. You will have experience working in a pastry kitchen or pastry environment; creating hot and cold deserts, cakes and pastries.
Our Chefs maintain excellent product knowledge; show an awareness of cost control, portion controls and economical work procedures. Communication is a key skill for this role; our Chefs will ensure that they give a thorough handover on starting and finishing their shifts.
You will need to be passionate about food, be enthusiastic, have a high standard of presentation and have an eye for detail.
What we look for
* Previous Chef experience at this level
* Must specialise in Pastry, and have a good level of experience
* Excellent knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety standards
* Great communication skills
What's in it for you?
* Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
* Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across the Guoman and Thistle group
* A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
* The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development