about 1 year ago
Part Time Events Sales Planner
The Mercure St Paul’s Hotel & Spa in Sheffield is the only 4* deluxe property in the heart of the city centre; we are recruiting for an Events sales planner to join our team on a part time basis between two & four days a week, subject to business levels, Must be willing to work evenings and weekends subject to business requirements.
The successful events planner will be a key part of a small team that excels in securing bookings for meetings, conference, events, weddings and christmas business maximising conversion from enquiry to booking, they will consistently deliver high levels of customer service to clients and ensure that guest’s requirements are communicated to the operations team. In addition you will support the sales office manager in forecasting, marketing and business planning.
The ideal events planner will have had past experience in a sales office environment preferably in a busy hotel.
Your main responsibilities as Events Sales planner will include:
• Responding to all enquiries in a timely, confident & professional manner, displaying a clear and comprehensive knowledge of the hotel and its facilities.
• Recording full and accurate details of guest’s requirements and booking as per the company and hotel procedures.
• Making clients aware of the full terms of the business, including cancelation policy.
• Get involved in conversion days and outreach days/ events.
• Having knowledge of cash handling and security procedures.
• Carry out weekly /monthly telesales to last year’s actual booking by date
• Accountability for billing of conference / Events and wedding ensuring pre payment where required.
• Understand and involve yourself with venue verdicts.
• Follow the BDRC standards – Achieving excellent test call results.
• Conducting show rounds of the hotel and function rooms professionally, taking every opportunity to upsell.
• To ensure that the events database & chase system is updated, actioned daily & utilised for all live enquiries, existing clients & potential new business.
• Prepare and send all information to the customers.
• Ensure external websites are up to date with all Hotel information.
• Communicating via phone, email and face to face to organise the details of the events.
• To check and recheck that every event down to the very last detail. You’ll know what’s important to each and every customer to make their own individual event a great success for them.
• You’ll make sure that all the final details are correct and you’ll need great questioning skill. A real eye for detail, as well as speedy and accurate administration and computer skills.
• Total dedication to communicating every last detail of each event, giving a smooth handover to our events operations teams and ensuring a fantastic event to remember.
• Support the achievements of goals within the department.
• Standard operating procedures are to be followed at all times
What we are looking for:
Background & Experience
• Excellent communication skills including spoken and written English
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Working in a sales environment ideally in a hotel would be an advantage.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good numeracy and literacy
• Be results driven and proactive and aware of budgeted expectations and the gap to budget at any time.
• A true understanding how to deliver excellent customer service.
• Appropriate professional appearance.
• Knowledge of computer programmes: Word / Excel / Outlook
• Knowledge of Opera would be advantage.
Apply for Job