9 months ago
De Vere Horwood Estate
If you are looking for a place to secure your next career move that offers the chance to work in a dynamic team in the heart of Buckinghamshire - then look no further than De Vere Horwood Estate near Milton Keynes.
With meeting spaces to accommodate up to 300 delegates and a staggering 185 bedrooms this elegant and historic hotel offers unrivalled opportunities making it an ideal venue for your next role.
Operations Manager - Great Opportunity for an Experienced & Professional Hotelier
What is the main purpose of the role?
The Operations Manager is responsible for the running of the Hotel’s day to day operations and will particularly focus on driving revenue, customer satisfaction and service delivery as well as financially critiquing all cost KPI’s across the Hotel. This role will play a fundamental part in formulating and delivering strategy, delivering the highest standards of service throughout the property and monitoring the hotel’s sales performance against budgets for operational departments.
You will work extremely closely with other departments within the hotel, supporting the Head Chef in achieving monthly GP%, working with HR on colleague development plans, and Maintenance to ensure all health and safety regulations are confirmed to, so great communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely key.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need experience of working in an Operations Manager role or similar, ideally within an upper 4* quality hotel/events centre, with strong knowledge of all departments particularly F&B. Experience of managing, training and developing a successful team and strong examples of personally delivering training and leading effective training processes are also essential for this role.
Our ideal candidate will be able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, can do attitude and be highly motivated with a drive to succeed to be the best.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
Please take a look.