about 1 month ago
Crowne Plaza Harrogate, Harrogate, North Yorkshire. HG1 1XX
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe..
The Operations Manager role involves a wide range of responsibilities including: managing the professional day to day operation of the hotel ensuring customers are delighted with the hotel’s service, Company standards are met and delivered consistently with attention to detail and budgeted profitability is achieved. The Operations Manager has an important role in promoting our purpose, values and behaviours at all times. The Operations Manager is responsible for leading, coaching and developing the Operational Department Managers and creating a team environment which promotes good Team Member morale, ensuring a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel in order that our teams create a memorable experience for our customers on every occasion.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who can drive commerciality through caring and pride. Being personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Operations Manager role include:
• Providing leadership which utilises the full potential of the team.
• Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
• Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
• Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved.
• Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail.
• Anticipating potential problems and business opportunities within the planning process.
• Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
• Focusing on producing results through encouraging high achievement.
The successful applicant must have previous experience as an Operations Manager within a branded environment, possess financial and commercial awareness, have good knowledge of current legislation including Health and Safety, Food Safety, Liquor Licensing and Employment Law. The successful applicant must have proven experience in leading, motivating and developing Managers and Team Members.
• Award winning employer
• Competitive Salary
• Worldwide team member benefit programme
• 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
• Team member of the month incentive
• Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
• Incremental holiday allowance based on service
• Apprenticeships available
• Healthcare options
• Pension options
• Complimentary car parking
With 214 rooms, our stylish hotel is conveniently located in the heart of beautiful Harrogate and is a popular choice for those visiting the 'Harrogate Convention Centre'.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration for up to 320 people, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests can stay energised with a visit to our Fitness Centre, or enjoy a visit to the newly refurbished 'Springs Restaurant' serving a sunning menu of fresh, local ingredients. This contemporary hotel is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Operations Manager position