about 1 month ago
De Vere Selsdon Estate
Selsdon Estate is taking a new direction. Now part of the De Vere brand, a multi-million-pound refurbishment is taking place to bring the hotel back to its former glory. Just 13 miles outside of London and on a great commuter line, Selsdon Estate is set in 205 acres of outstanding park land, including an 18-hole championship golf course. The bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled, and we're excited to be launching our new Restaurant & Bar "1042" early 2018.
We have a high calibre team at Selsdon Estate: enthusiastic and positive, ready to reposition this stunning property to once again become the best hotel in the area.
What is the main purpose of the role?
The Operations Manager is responsible for the running of the Hotel’s day to day operations and will particularly focus on driving revenue, customer satisfaction and service delivery as well as financially critiquing all cost KPI’s across the Hotel. This role will play a fundamental part in formulating and delivering strategy, delivering the highest standards of service throughout the property and monitoring the hotel’s sales performance against budgets for operational departments.
You will work extremely closely with other departments within the hotel, supporting the Head Chef in achieving monthly GP%, working with HR on colleague development plans, and Maintenance to ensure all health and safety regulations are confirmed to, so great communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely key.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need experience of working in an Operations Manager role or similar, ideally within an upper 4* quality hotel/events centre, with strong knowledge of all departments particularly F&B. Experience of managing, training and developing a successful team and strong examples of personally delivering training and leading effective training processes are also essential for this role.
Our ideal candidate will be able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, can do attitude and be highly motivated with a drive to succeed to be the best.
* A competitive salary
* 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty