5 months ago
De Vere Theobalds Estate
An elegant and historic Georgian country mansion in Hertfordshire seamlessly combined with modern conference facilities provides the perfect place for your next career move. Located in 55 acres of parkland and only 10 miles from London, the impressive 140 bedroomed property that boasts 29 meetings rooms, a bar and a restaurant, this hotel really has a wide variety of opportunities within all departments.
What is the main purpose of the role?
We are looking for a seasoned Operations Manager, preferably with a food and beverage background, to lead a team at DeVere Theobalds Estate.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the running of the Hotel’s day to day operations and will particularly focus on driving revenue, customer satisfaction and service delivery as well as financially critiquing all cost KPI’s across the Hotel. This role will play a fundamental part in formulating and delivering strategy, delivering the highest standards of service throughout the property and monitoring the hotel’s sales performance against budgets for operational departments.
You will work extremely closely with other departments within the hotel, supporting the Head Chef in achieving monthly GP%, working with HR on colleague development plans, and Maintenance to ensure all health and safety regulations are confirmed to, so great communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely key.
Deputising in the General Managers absence, this is a senior management role that requires integrity, professionalism and is very hands on, with a clear focus on the customer experience.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need experience of working in an Operations Manager role or similar, ideally within an upper 4* quality hotel/events centre, with strong knowledge of all departments particularly F&B.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for detail, an inspirational leadership style and bundles of enthusiasm to passionately drive operational excellence throughout the hotel.
If you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty