about 1 year ago
Operations Controller, EMEA
Apply now Job no: 505839
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Corporate Office, London
Location: London, United Kingdom
Department: Management (Director), Finance, Management (Manager)
The Regional Operations Controller, EMEA will be responsible for:
* Supporting the local finance teams of hotels in their region.
* Ensuring hotels adhere to established Internal Control standards.
* Analysing monthly results and identifying business development and profit improvement opportunities.
* Reviewing budgets, forecasts and cash flow statements
* Recruitment, development and mentoring of hotel Financial Controllers in their region.
* Overseeing hotel openings and re-branding projects in the assigned region.
* Other Projects as assigned.
The position will involve travel for up to 40% of the colleague’s time.
Ongoing Support of Assigned Hotels
* Work with local hotel Financial Controllers to analyse monthly financial reports and highlight opportunities for additional business development, improved labour efficiencies and potential cost control measures.
* Prepare monthly summary highlighting successes, areas of opportunity and recommendations for follow up for presentation during monthly regional operations review.
* Conduct preliminary review of Capital Expenditure requests, Significant Contract Summaries and Barter agreements.
* Assist as necessary and review hotel prepared ROI calculations and business development proposals.
* Provide guidance to Financial Controllers in their understanding of MOHG standards of operations and validating compliance with all Polices & Procedures.
* Conduct Controller Self Assessment Questionnaire (CSAQ) verifications to ensure embedded systems, processes and controls comply with MOHG P&P standards.
* Co-ordinate hotel internal and external audit functions, including follow-up of audit recommendations and pre-audit reviews.
* Conduct periodic on-site operations reviews that include but are not limited to the following: Balance Sheet reconciliations, Package Allocations, Accounting Treatments (USALI, GAAP, IFRS as appropriate), Credit authorization standards, Cash handling standards, Payroll and Fringe Benefit entitlements, Compliance with Expense, Travel and Entertainment P&P’s, Compliance with Purchasing Guidelines.
* Ensure best practices are documented and shared between hotels as appropriate
* Assist in developing and monitoring Learning and Development opportunities for local finance teams.
* Introduce newly joined FCs to MOHG P&P, budgeting requirements, insurance procedures, Risk Management protocols.
* Liaise with Operations Controller –Systems to ensure appropriate configurations, system access rights and other related matters are documented, standardized and maintained.
* Monitor performance termination clauses and incentive fee calculations and highlight any risks / concerns.
Openings, acquisitions, divestments, de-branding and FC transition
* Ensure MOHG complies with its obligations to provide pre-opening and operating budgets, manager’s insurance obligations and other key obligations under the management agreements
* Prepare critical path for each project and monitor progress to ensure pre-opening activities are on target to meet scheduled opening dates
* Provide planning and support to newly built or acquired hotels, including budget preparation, on-site assistance with the implementation of systems and procedures
* Develop standard operating procedures and templates for opening hotels which shall include job descriptions, license requirements, etc that can be modified to suit local conditions
* Introduce newly joined FCs to MOHG P&P, budgeting requirements, insurance procedures, Risk Management protocols
* Assist with any acquisition, divestment or de-branding activities
* Ensure smooth transition or hand-over from exiting FCs
Actively participate in regional and global projects as determined from time to time but which may include:
* COA Standardization.
* Updating and maintaining Expense Dictionary.
* Development of new KPI’s.
* Updating and maintaining Policy and Procedure Library
* Develop and maintain Opening Toolkit / Controllers Reference Manual
* Design Training plans to raise internal colleagues one level (AFC – FC, Staff Acct. – AFC, etc.)
* Develop brief internal financial training presentations FC’s can use to educate EXCO and/or mid-level managers.
Advertised: 01 Jul 2019 GMT Daylight Time