about 1 month ago
De Vere Wokefield Estate
A new chapter in De Vere Wokefield Estate’s history is complete! Situated in 250 acres of beautiful parkland near Reading, this huge property has undergone an extensive £10 million refurbishment to dramatically restore the hotel to its former glory. The 376 bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled and as well as the re-launch of our modern executive centre, complete with a new Burr & Co. coffeehouse and deli. Our historical Mansion House featuring 87 guest rooms, now sits at the heart of the estate, having undergone a stunning transformation including the exciting launch our new Restaurant '1560'.
Nights Conference Crew Team Leader - enhanced rate of pay
What is the main purpose of the role?
You’ll oversee and supervise the general and specific operational issues of all conferences within the venue during hours 11pm to 7am to ensure the potential of the venue is maximised and monthly budget achieved. You and your team therefore need to be fully aware of all centre facilities, tariffs and current activities as well as an in-depth knowledge of all bedroom and meeting rooms available.
Prior to each event, all meeting rooms need to be set out as per instructions received from the Head of Department and/or the Conference Office and then serviced throughout that event.
The team will consistently deliver an excellent service to all guests and clients making enquiries as well as effectively dealing with customer feedback according to the company procedure.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous hotel operations experience, ideally in a similar role. Experience of managing a team would be desirable.
The ideal candidate will be able to work under pressure and communicate with people at all levels. Knowledge of PA systems is also essential.
It would be beneficial if you were to possess a National Liquor Licence and/or a Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.