8 months ago
The Royal Garden Hotel is one of the UK’s largest five red star hotels comprising of 394 bedrooms, three bars, two restaurants, extensive conference and events spaces and a health club. Priding itself on providing a tailored personalised guest service, the Royal Garden Hotel is located next door to Kensington Palace and some of London’s most famous attractions. The hotel also has a rich and remarkable sporting legacy dating back to the famous World Cup win of 1966.
As a Night Receptionist you will be responsible for registering guests, to prepare daily and monthly statistics, to file reports etc. and to check-out guests.
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring new dynamic approaches to the Finance department at the Royal Garden Hotel and be involved in projects including but not limited to:
* To greet all guests in a friendly and helpful manner, using guest names.
* To register and room guests according to the procedure.
* To comply with Hotel and legal requirements when registering guests.
* To be familiar with all rooms and suites, to ensure that room sales are maximised to the benefit of the Hotel.
* To ensure that our guest information is accurately recorded and entered into the computer.
* To maximise room revenue sales by offering the best room rate available to all enquiries and walk-ins.
* To ensure all guest folio details in HIS are correct according to the Registration Card, especially rate code and amount, address and guest history.
* To complete the night checklist, ensuring all necessary reports are distributed correctly.
* To attend to all guests needs and requests as required.
* To be fully conversant with all systems, HIS, fortronics, thorn, pay TV and Mitel switchboard.
* To be able to complete foreign currency transactions and all cash handling requirements according to SOPs.
* To keep the work area clean and tidy at all times.
* To attend training sessions and meetings when required.
* To be fully conversant with Hotel emergency procedures.
* To understand and be able to implement the SOPs into daily duties.
* To assist the other departments as necessary, and if requested by the Night Manager.
We are looking for a professional individual, who has the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
You should be confident, articulate and assertive, a strong team player and have a flexible approach. An innovative and open-minded individual with a passion for and background in the hospitality industry would be preferred.
If you are interested in this position and are entitled to work in the UK, please send us a copy of your CV and cover letter. If you require any special assistance with your application or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.
Please note: We endeavour to respond to the majority of applications, however, if you do not receive a response within three weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY