about 1 year ago
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La: someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform. Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
We are diverse, warm and caring but also demanding, dynamic and innovative.
As with every property in the group, Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London, will operate on a simple yet powerful philosophy of Shangri-La hospitality from warm, caring people.
The uniquely Asian view of service at this luxury hotel in London embodies the core values of respect, helpfulness, courtesy, sincerity and humility. These qualities have been the cornerstone of the Shangri-La success.
We currently have a vacancy for a Night Receptionist joining our team.
Under the guidance of the Night Manager, the receptionist will be responsible for the successful running of respective shifts within Front Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing their direct report and ensuring that any and all guest-contact is handled with the utmost care and sincerity in mind.
* Relevant experience in a 5 star London hotel, in an operational/Front Office environment
* Good working knowledge of Opera and night shifts
* Superior organisation and administration skills coupled with the ability to multi task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training, attending courses as scheduled
* Be highly organised and a reliable individual who is self-motivated, standards & customer service driven and detail orientated.
* Advanced level of English (both oral and written)
Our proposition to you
Our aim is always to keep and reward the very best. So each year we fill most of the company’s management positions via internal promotions and transfers and with over 50 projects in development around the world, the opportunities are endless.
We also recognize our responsibility to society and to the environment, and have developed policies and practises which make a real difference.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send us your CV together with a cover letter which must include the following:
* salary expectations
* a brief overview of the reasons why you wish to join Shangri-La Hotel At The Shard
* specific details of your current entitlement to take up employment in the UK
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates.
[Not translated in selected language]