24 days ago
Role title: Night Porter - Nottingham
Job Opening: 2021-08-24
Night Porter – Britannia Hotel Nottingham
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at The Britannia, Nottingham! This purpose-built hotel is situated close to Nottingham Castle, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Victoria Shopping Centre and the Nottingham City business district, making it the ideal location for accessibility.
The Britannia Nottingham is a 166-bedroomed hotel with facilities including an on-suite bar and restaurant, as well as 10 conference rooms catering for up to 350 delegates. Due to continued expansion we are looking to recruit a Night Porter onto the team. You will be working within a small nights team.
As Night Porter you will be required to;
* Look after hotel security and guest welfare at night, maintaining the upmost courtesy and politeness to guests always.
* Conduct regular floor walks and security checks of fire exits and public areas, reporting any irregularities to the manager on duty.
* Assist in setting up and servicing event rooms.
* Have thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures used within the hotel and department and to provide support as and when required.
* Be aware of weekly business in the hotel & maximise every sales opportunity for food, beverage and rooms.
The successful candidate will be organised, punctual and efficient. You will also have excellent communication skills with both colleagues and with customers.
Visit our website -****** and look at our superbly located City Centre Hotel!
This position offers the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
* Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
* Discounted stays for you & your family at any of our 60 hotels & 6 parks
* Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
* Uniform (Subject to position)
* Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.