7 months ago
The Principal Manchester
Built as the headquarters for the Refuge Assurance Company in 1895 and extended in 1912, The Principal Manchester - as it's now known - is part and parcel of Manchester and its renewed status as the "Northern Powerhouse". Its clock tower is a part of the Manchester skyline - seen every day on the BBC local news - and a marker by which to get your bearings. The hotel has recently completed major renovations, which put The Principal Manchester centre-stage in our exciting plans as part of the launch a new, "urban lifestyle" hotel brand, including a destination restaurant and bar that we have created in partnership with some of the city's most respected restaurateurs.
Night Porter - Casual Position
What is the main purpose of the role?
You’ll maintain an optimum and exceptional level of customer care and service to both internal and external customers, whilst staying fully conversant with the hotel, the company product and facilities.
You’ll deal with guest comments and complaints in a constructive and empathetic manner, the objective being to resolve the complaint prior to departure. You’ll also carry out regular check / patrols around all areas of the building, taking appropriate action to ensure standards of cleanliness, safety and general appearance are maintained.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Night Porter will be passionate about delivering high levels of customer service, ensuring all health and safety and hotel standards are adhered to and have the drive, determination and commitment to make things happen.
Candidates must have previous experience of working within a hotel or cruise ship environment with experience gained in Nights, Food & Beverage or Meeting & Events Operations.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year pro rota, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty