4 months ago
De Vere Tortworth Court
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment project, this is a truly exciting time to join De Vere Tortworth Court!
Set within a 30-acre estate featuring one of the UK’s most impressive arboretums, this stunning venue boasts a Grade II-listed Victorian mansion house, 201 bedrooms and 12 impressive event spaces as well as a newly created spa, all conveniently located just 20 minutes from Bristol, with easy access to J14 of the M5. We’ve recently launched the 1853 Restaurant & Bar serving classic British dishes, our Atrium Bistro bar, decked with indoor trees under a 60-foot high glass roof as well as our elegant yet cosy Library bar.
What is the main purpose of the role?
You’ll maintain an optimum and exceptional level of customer care and service to both internal and external customers, whilst staying fully conversant with the hotel, the company product and facilities.
You’ll deal with guest comments and complaints in a constructive and empathetic manner, the objective being to resolve the complaint prior to departure. You’ll also carry out regular check / patrols around all areas of the building, taking appropriate action to ensure standards of cleanliness, safety and general appearance are maintained. Assisting departments with overnight cleaning and setups.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Night Porter will be passionate about delivering high levels of customer service, ensuring all health and safety and hotel standards are adhered to and have the drive, determination and commitment to make things happen.
Candidates must have previous experience of working within a hotel or cruise ship environment with experience gained in Nights, Food & Beverage or Meeting & Events Operations.
A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive schemes
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty