8 months ago
De Vere Devonport House
Right in the heart of Greenwich, famed for its maritime history and naval links, sits Devonport House, well known and popular for hosting fantastic weddings and conferences. It's a great venue to work if you want to develop your career in hospitality as we regularly have opportunities within our hotel teams including reception, restaurant, housekeeping, kitchen, weddings, and meeting and events.
We have a tight knit team at Devonport House, and we really take the care to promote our training and development opportunities across all our teams, offering our colleagues great scope for building an exciting career in hospitality.
What is the main purpose of the role?
As Night Manager you will ensure your team deliver an exceptional welcome experience, responding to all guest enquiries in a proactive and positive way by promoting a helpful and professional image and giving full cooperation to any guest requiring attention.
You will manage the development of the night team, ensuring all team members are trained to the correct standards and delivering an engaging service to all our guests.
Ensuring the safety and security of all guests, staff and property throughout the night will be one of your highest priorities by fully completing all property checks and consistently adhering to all night auditing and hotel reporting procedures.
The ideal candidate
This is a hands on Night Manager role in which you will be required to be hospitality minded with a strong knowledge of computerised Front of House reservation systems. Previous experience of Health & Safety compliance and completing building security checks are required as you will be completing internal and external property checks throughout your shift, ensuring all aspects of Health & Safety and security throughout the site is being adhered to.
We are looking for someone who is highly organised, can easily prioritise multiple tasks and uses their excellent communication skills to liaise will all departments, providing clear written and verbal communication at all times.
Previous experience in a Hotel/Conference Centre would be advantageous however, a passion for hospitality and delivering exceptional customer service are absolutely key.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.