Arnos Manor Hotel Bristol,part of Crest Hotels Group,is a recent addition to the hotel group, located only 2 miles from the centre of Bristol.
The hotel is going through some exciting changes, with an ambitious growth strategy – this is an exciting time to join this fast-paced organisation as we are strengthening the product and more importantly strengthening our team, looking for guest-centric leaders.
The hotel offers 73 bedrooms, flexible meeting and event space and a popular wedding venue due to its charming chapel.
At Crest Hotels Group our mission statement is simple “To be the market leader in everything we do”.
Are you a born customer service professional, with previous senior hotel reception experience in a quality organisation? Thrives on developing and supporting colleagues and peers, have a track record of growing customer satisfaction by being a natural host? If the answer is yes then read on.
As Night Manager, you will be accountable to the Front Office Manager, and give support strategically leading a team of 3.
The role will be very “hands on”, leading from the front, working with your team to ensure all guests receive an amazing arrival or dazzling departure experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Customer Service and Operations
- Display a pro-active and leading role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems, procedures and skills development.
- Check guests in and out of the hotel as per company standard and deal with any requests professionally
- To be able to act with initiative, planning for the future and possible consequences. Being pro-active in getting things done and exceeding expectations of both guests and colleagues where possible.
- To ensure complaints and feedback are dealt with using company procedures and with-in given guidelines.
- To ensure smooth operation of business throughout the night
- Review and Respond to e-mails
Human Resource Management
- Developing the departmental training and development strategy for departmental employees.
- Preparing and conducting employee appraisals.
- Ensure departmental inductions are completed and ensuring all statuary training is adhered to.
- Supervise, mentor, train, coach, evaluate, motivate and develop staff.
- Build consensus within team to achieve brand standards.
- Adhere to employment law at all times.
- Ensure sickness notifications received on your shift are covered
- Process and administer all relevant paper work to all departments and senior management.
- Ensure all staff adheres to uniform policy and hygiene standards during your shift.
- Manage shift/daily banking for credit/debit cards, cash, cheques, and accounts receivable in accordance with company policies
- Ensure all financial documents are safely escalated to the accounts department
- To take a proactive approach to guest journey throughout the entire hotel
- Adhere and maintain company records at all times
- Follow and comply with the H&S & HACCP policy
- Adhere to all Health & Safety procedures and policies
- Ensure all contractors on site sign in at hotel upon arrival
- Relevant administration of incident reports to General Manager
- Follow the Incident/Crisis Manual and ensure team members are relatively trained
- Be a systems champion for the hotel property system, key card system and interfaces
- Skills gained in branded or Hotel environment
- Highly Organised
- Good Communication skills
- Can demonstrate skills gained leading a team
- Discounted accommodation within Group (subject to availability)
- 50% Discount Food & Beverage with Staff rate stays
- Meal on duty
- Free Uniform
- Training and Development
- Free Car parking