about 1 year ago
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
To provide a friendly, efficient and helpful service to our guests, whilst ensuring that all accounting and security procedures meet Company requirements, with an emphasis on customer care at all times.
* Strong associate with experience in guest contact, technical systems and extensive teamwork.
* 3 years supervisory experience in a similar job role eg Front Office Operations.
* Previews experience working as a Duty Manager when on Shift
Skills and Knowledge:
* Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
* Pro-active and reliable
* Able to work alone and within a team
* Quick to adapt to procedures
* Well Presented
* Excellent telephone manner
* Excellent inter-personal skills
* Calm and patient in Emergency situations
Education or Certification:
* Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
* To be aware of the Marriott Front Office SOP manual and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To be able to use Opera.
* To be able to use Marsha, the global reservations system.
* To be able to operate Mitel Switchboard and Voicelink messaging system.
* To use the Front Office Shift Checklists.
* To complete on-line back ups is completed by the team.
* To be fully aware of the daily sell strategy, current sales strategy, special rates and promotions, corporate agreements and discount conditions and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To complete a full and correct shift handover, with Front Office handover sheets completed and filed.
* To be fully versatile with all Hotel facilities and actively promote them.
* To register guests into the Hotel, taking into account legal requirements, Company policies and Marriott brand standards.
* To understand the Vingcard system, issue guest keys as per procedure and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To understand and adhere to all accounting procedures and ensure there are follow up by the team.
* To be aware of all Group arrivals of the day, and action all requirements and wake up calls.
* To liaise with day Shift leader, Housekeeping and Room Service regarding VIP and all other special arrivals of the day. Ensure VIP policy is followed.
* To be able to roaming guests, assist them with their luggage and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To understand and follow the car parking procedures and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To understand and follow the Lost property procedure and ensure is being follow up by the team. .
* To be able to assist with guest queries regarding places of interest, such as shopping, entertainment, theatres, restaurants etc.
* To accept parcels, faxes, messages and any other delivery, both for guests and Hotel, as per procedure.
* To be able to send guest and Hotel faxes.
* To be able to assist with queries or requests for information via Front Office e-mail.
* To liaise with Housekeeping regarding early arrivals, day lets, extended stays, early departures, room moves and all other special requests and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To be familiar with the daily Conference and Events business in the Hotel.
* To handle guest complaints according to the LEARN and empowerment processes, referring to the Reception Management
* To be able to work shifts on a rota basis, 23.45 – 07.15. Occasional shifts in other departments or shifts may be required.
* To understand, and comply with, all procedures detailed in the Associate Handbook.
* To be aware of, and comply with, Hotel image standards and ensure is being follow by the team.
* To fully understand our Brand Standard requirements, and their implication to the Front Office and Hotel.
* To attend and contribute to Front Office departmental meetings.
* To understand Marriott’s Guest Satisfaction Survey and its implications on the Front Office and Hotel.
* To have a good knowledge of all aspects of Marriott Rewards, its benefit to its members, earning possibilities, redemption procedures and affiliated airline partners.
* To actively promote enrolment in Marriott Rewards scheme to all arriving non-members and be aware of the Hotel’s goal.
* To ensure that guests receive a genuinely friendly, prompt and efficient service at all times.
* To understand Marriott’s ‘First Ten’ programme and service standards, and comply with them.
* To understand, and embrace, our Spirit to Serve programme and promote within the team.
* To undertake reasonable requests from any senior member of the Front Office team.
* To undertake appropriate training, as recommended by Front Office Manager.
* To understand the signing in and out procedure.
* To be aware of the Room Service SOP
* To be aware of the Room Service Brand Standard and comply with them
* To be fully aware of the Drop and go procedure and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To be fully aware of preparation of the food in the kitchen and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To establish a guest account upon registration, as per Hotel policies, for direct billing, credit card and cash payment making sure is being follow up by the team.
* To be fully aware and ensure all third party payment restrictions are follow up by the team as per procedures.
* To fully understand Hotel policies regarding cheque payments and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To fully understand, and comply with, Hotel and Company cashiering procedures and ensure is being follow up by the team.
* To be responsible for a cash safe and/or float, and ensure its security at all times, as per procedure.
* To audit and balance each day’s shift, prepare daily banking, and report any discrepancies to the Reception Manager or FOM.
* To complete and understand the Credit Limit Reports, and ensure that appropriate action is taken. Ensure any discrepancies is reported to the Front Office Manager immediately.
* To be aware of major currencies, and be able to exchange them.
* To present all adjustment, corrections and ‘paid outs’ with correct correspondence and signature as per procedure.
* To be able to operate, and be fully aware of, Hotel’s Business Centre pricing of business services.
HEALTH & SAFETY
* To understand the Front Office and Hotel Fire, Bomb, Health & Safety, Accident report and Maintenance Fault Reporting procedure and to be able to action them.
* Opera / Marsha / Mitel systems.
* Marriott Rewards Training.
* Standard Marriott / Company Training schemes.
* To maintain security of all Hotel assets, and to report any loss or damage to the Reception Manager or Front Office Manager.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.