about 1 month ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Night Auditor
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Front of House in The May Fair
To support the unparalleled service delivery to internal and external customers by directing the nightly business and maintaining, reviewing and preparing the coordination of the daily business. Also to support the achievement of positive cash flow targets through ensuring the complete and accurate recording of all revenue transactions and guest records.
* Is able to use IT applications i.e. Micros, Opera, Word, Excel etc
* Can achieve 80% pass mark in Micros and Opera competency tests
* Has local area knowledge
* Has a good level of food and beverage product knowledge
* Excellent command of the English language
* Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport
* Sales skills, ability to up-sell
* Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the company experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
* Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
* Provides Yes I Can genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
* Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
* Support the achievement of positive cash flow targets by directing the nightly operations ensuring front office accounting and financial procedures are adhered to, night team duties and tasks are completed, and daily business transactions are balanced and recorded.
* Ensure all security and floor checks have been carried out and operations are working effectively throughout the night.
* Monitor light cleaning work of the public areas is completed
* Ensure turndown service is offered and actioned as required during the evening
* Complete a review of the second effort issues regularly throughout the night taking action as appropriate.
* Maintain up to date downtime reports in case of emergency
* Ensure all members of staff on duty at night are contactable throughout their shift.
* Reviews, prepares and coordinates all late and early guest arrivals, departures and room servicing, maintaining high service delivery standards and accurate records.
* Review and use the details on the arrivals list to allocate rooms appropriately checking all existing allocations
* Prepare full detailed arrival lists for lobby team
* Coordinate rooms available and requiring priority with Evening / Morning Housekeeper based upon arrival and departure of guests including extra / late departures, stay on and pre-reg guests
* Monitor skips and sleeps in accordance with Front Office Procedures
* Ensure of rooms requiring overnight out of order status are authorized and out of service returned to service
* Allocate, prepare key and any relevant corrie for pre-arrival folder for guest service team a minimum of thirty minutes prior to advised arrival time including all early arrivals prior to 10am.
* For ad hoc arrivals the lobby team will need to obtain guest details but all must be returned to operations support for clarification and update.
* Assist the reception team with alternative room requests from guests
* Ensure that all actual arrivals information is completed and up to date in Opera and take appropriate action to resolve any queries or incomplete details.
* Complete on the night re-charting of rooms taking into account the key account reservations, high rates, length of stay and next seven days availability.
* Familiarize with following day VIP guests and allocate where possible.
* Manage overbooking level to ensure that teams are aware if transfer of guests is necessary, coordinate the transfer and any relative paperwork / billing required.
* Keep the wipe board in the back office up to date detailing functions, VIPs expected and anticipated peak check in / out times
* Prepare the following days Daily Room Status Sheet
* Retrieve, check and file scanned Account to Companycorrespondence for the following day arrivals
* Monitors all aspects of the night audit and front office accounting procedures highlighting, reporting and correcting relevant shortfalls.
* Check and balance City Ledger log any issues on the portal, attempt to rectify or leave for clarification and ensure all correct Invoices are posted out.
* Consolidate and ratify all daily allowances in line with front office procedures and prepare for the Operations Support Managers approval.
* Complete final credit card check and balance against check line reports
* Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.