12 months ago
* London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow is one of the original airport hotels in Heathrow’s steeped in history. The hotel is managed by the Arora Group.
Being the closest hotel to Terminals 2 and 3 and post-renovation the hotel features 710 guest rooms including suites. London is the ‘theme’ of the newly renovated Renaissance Heathrow, with its vibrancy reflected in the lobby leading to Bar Eleven which takes its inspiration from the London Underground.
Facilities include 17 meeting rooms with a capacity of 500 delegates. The hotel is frequented by leisure and corporate guests.
“7 February 1952: Princess Elizabeth returned to the United Kingdom as Queen Elizabeth II. She arrived on the BOAC Argonaut Atlanta, on an area of the airport now home to the 'Market Garden Restaurant' at Renaissance London Heathrow”
Renaissance London Heathrow today is as an invigorated historical icon immersed in airport luxury.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Night Auditor to join the growing team.
Do you want to be a part of a great company?
When it comes to customer service, creating a truly welcoming environment and combining this with superb facilities for our guests whether travelling on business or leisure, Arora Hotels really do stand out from the crowd.
As a member of our Front Office team, the Night Auditor will be responsible to ensure that our guests receive an exceptional level of service during their stay and leave us with a wonderful smile. We seek an individual with passion, drive and initiative to create memorable and lasting impressions on our guests. Your primary role will be to perform assigned audit and financial functions, and to assist in all Front Office related tasks to efficiently assist guests to the expected high Hotel Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Night Auditor
- Auditing guest accounts to ensure that room rates and market codes are correct and congruent
- Running the night systems audit and ensure all data is accurate
- Maintaining and processing period transaction data and reports, and daily revenue reporting
- Inputting report figures; complete reports according to standards
- Front Desk and Food and Beverage credit card transaction reconciliation
- Checking-in and checking-out our guests in an efficiently in a professional and knowledgeable manner
- Displaying a strong understanding of hotel emergency procedures (fire, disabled guests etc.)
Skills & Experience required by the Night Auditor
- Previous hotel front office / nights experience is preferred
- Previous customer service experience is essential
- A capability and commitment to delivering high levels of customer care
- A smart and professional appearance
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Cash handling experience
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our Night Auditor, please click apply now. We’d love to hear from you!