4 months ago
Once in a lifetime Opportunity to be a part of opening team and work for an amazing Marriott Brand! Aloft !
Who We Are?
Aloft talent are fun, bold, and eclectic. They’re actively social and are excited and interested to meet new and unique people. They are passionate about design, tech innovation, and music, and love that they can work at a place that encourages them to interact with guests about their favourite topics. Like Aloft guests, our talent is friendly and outgoing, straightforward with a wink. We find people who are tech-savvy and confidently social with an eclectic style to bring the brand to life. Simply put, they control their world, taking a fresh, energetic approach to everything in life. You can teach skill, but it’s the attitude they bring to the table that matters!
What Will You Be Doing?
* Welcoming and Serving customers in our Food and Beverage outlets
* Creating our Signature Cocktails in the W XYZ bar
* Look after our 24/7 Grab and Go Re:Fuel area
* Working in our Live @ Aloft monthly music events
Where Will You Be Working?
The brand new 150-bedroom Aloft Hotel on the site of the new Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (opening spring/summer 2019). The hotel will be the first building in phase 2 of the AECC masterplan at Bucksburn and will be located just north of the Hilton Hotel that adjoins the new AECC, which is currently under construction. Designed by architects Cooper Cromar, with interiors by Twenty2Degrees, the new Aloft Hotel will be the first of its kind in Scotland and will feature a WXYZ bar, RE:MIX lounge and gym.
The multi-million pound project, which is being delivered by Aberdeen City Council and its development partner, Henry Boot Developments, and being constructed by Robertson, will provide a new world-class facility for Scotland. The 12,500-capacity arena will host major events including, conferences, exhibitions and music concerts. The new facility is expected to contribute an additional 4.5 million visitors, £113 million of visitor spend and £63m net GVA to the Scottish economy. It will also result in the creation of 352 full-time-equivalent permanent positions by year 10 of operations.
What’s In It For You?
People love to work with RBH Hospitality because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There’s open, clear communication from the top
* We’ve got great career development opportunities
* There’s a culture of transformation and innovation.
* We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career.
You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Free meals on duty
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
What Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for an individual who has;
* A great personality and be genuine, approachable, attentive and instinctive
* A proven track record in a similar role
* Strong training and development skills so you can share your skills with others.
* Excellent communication skills
* A desire to be “the best” with high standards;
* Ability to effectively manage and motivate the individuals within your team to support them in achievement of their personal development goals.
* Good proven organisation and planning skills gained through previous experience
The Bigger Picture
So, if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!
Aloft Aberdeen will be managed by RBH Hospitality; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot and Wyndham. At RBH Hospitality we stand out from our peers, to truly transform hotels.