7 months ago
The Principal London
The Principal London has opened following a multi-million pound refurbishment from top to toe.
Originally opened in 1898 by the Frederick Hotels Company, and designed by Charles Fitzroy Doll, The Principal London is a listed, landmark ‘grande dame’ that occupies the eastern flank of Russell Square in Bloomsbury. The Principal London combines the rich heritage of the original hotel with modern touches, vibrant bars and buzzing restaurants.
Meetings & Events Beverage Supervisor
Main purpose of the role:
Working with the M&E management team, covering the day to day operation of all beverage service areas across the M&E operation, you’ll support the drive and improvement of products and service standards among the team.
You’ll be highly customer focussed, and will assist with the delivery of high quality beverage service to maximise revenue through up-selling, service standards.
As our Meeting & Events Beverage Supervisor
* Be able to fully understand how a banqueting event order reads in terms of set ups, drinks packages etc.
* Responsible for placing beverage orders according to the business needs
* Aware of the budgeted beverage revenue and cost whilst ensuring the department is on track to meet both
* Responsible for the complete beverage element of Meeting and Events, supervising the bar staff and wine waiters
* Preferably a licence holder
* Direct day–to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide regular feedback to help improve team performance
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days
* Life Assurance
* Excellent employee recognition programmes
* Discounted accommodation within the group for both yourself and friends
* Bonus for recommending someone into the organisation
* Yearly stay to experience our hotel or a sister hotel
* Voluntary perks from our online benefits platform
* Vast range of learning and development programmes
* Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
* Employee social events
* Free Employee Assistance Helpline for you and your family
* Occupational health service
* Meals whilst on duty
* Free laundry service for most positions
* Season ticket loan