9 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza Leeds
Department: Meeting & Events Operations
Type of employment: Casual
Level: Team member
Date posted: 12/10/2017
Closing date: 10/04/2018
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Meeting & Events career with us as a Meeting & Events Operations Host at Park Plaza Leeds. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Park Plaza Leeds is a 4* Hotel situated right in the heart of the City Centre, directly opposite the train station. The Hotel boasts 187 bedrooms, 12 meeting & Function rooms.
Main role and objectives:
As our M&E Host you are, under the general guidance of the Meetings & Events Operations Manager, responsible for overseeing the M&E Ops delivery to agreed standards ensuring total guest satisfaction.
* Set up meetings & events rooms in accordance with hotel function requirements and guests requests prior to the function, ensuring the standards are maintained throughout
* Ensure that all audio visual equipment in the meeting rooms are in good working order and clean before the conference organisers arrive and kept safe at all times
* Service and breakdown meeting & events rooms as directed
* Set up buffets and seated meals according to the function sheets
* Prepare cutlery, china and glasses for up-coming events
* Ensure all our guests receiving an inspirational service
What we are looking for:
* Have experience in a high volume food and beverage department/outlet
* Experience in working within Meetings & events Operations in a 4* Hotel would be advantageous but is not essential
* Someone with a passionate approach in everything they do, ensuring inspirational service to both external and Internal guests.
* Be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
* Understand the importance of delivering a fantastic experience for the guests
* Have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and be able to connect with other live up to our mission statement: Inspiring our guests through individuality and passion!
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfil their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
As one of the world’s fastest-growing hotel brands, Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts boasts a choice of contemporary upscale hotels in key city centre locations and resort destinations around the world. We believe that what truly sets us apart is the quality of our smart, engaging service – our talented and motivated team members bring the Park Plaza brand alive by going out of their way to make our guests feel valued and appreciated.
One of the world’s fastest-growing hotel brands, Park Plaza is part of PPHE Hotel Group Limited, which owns, leases, develops, operates and franchises full-service upscale and lifestyle hotels, predominantly in Europe.
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.