about 1 month ago
Meetings & Events Agent
Crowne Plaza Solihull, Homer Road,Solihull, West Midlands. B91 3QD
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with 17 properties in the UK and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels.
The Meetings & Events Agent role involves a range of duties, including: taking enquiries and bookings by telephone and online, processing, amending and updating so that upon arrival the conference and event function requirements are accurate and all arrangements are made to the maximum satisfaction of our guests. You will carry out showrounds, take advance deposits and deal with our varied and exciting events which may include conferences, meetings, exhibitions, weddings, private dining and party night bookings. Attention to detail is paramount so that we gain a thorough knowledge of our bookers needs. Following up enquiries, you will convert into sales ensuring maximum occupancy and budgeted targets are achieved on every occasion. Proactively selling you will identify opportunities for upselling on every booking.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Meetings & Events Agent include:
• Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
• Analysing why customers behave as they do and adapts accordingly.
• Promoting effective relationships with customers and internal departments.
• Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
• Looking for sales opportunities within the thinking and planning process
• Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
• Providing clear and timely information to customers and the sales department.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests
The successful applicant must have previous experience in hospitality working in a similar role in hotel or conference related environment with proven record of displaying attention to detail and demonstrating a high level of customer service. Working in an administration/reception background you will be computer literate and able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
• Award winning employer
• Competitive Salary
• Worldwide team member benefit programme
• 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
• Team member of the month incentive
• Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
• Incremental holiday allowance based on service
• Apprenticeships available
• Healthcare options
• Pension options
• Complimentary car parking
• Complimentary Leisure club membership
• Solihull B.I.D card giving discounts at Touchwood
With 120 rooms, our stylish hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Solihull.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration for up to 200 people, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests can stay energised with a visit to our Fitness Centre, wind down in the onsite Wellness Centre with indoor pool, jacuzzi and steam room or enjoy a delicious meal with a lakeside view at our onsite 'Terrace Restaurant'. This contemporary hotel is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Meetings & Events Agent position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.