3 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza London Riverbank
Department: Meeting & Events Operations
Type of employment: Full-time
Date posted: 20/08/2018
Closing date: 16/02/2019
Meetings and Events Team Leader
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Events career with us as a Meetings and Events Team Leader at Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As our Meetings and Events Team Leader you are, under the general guidance of the Meetings and Events Manager, responsible for overseeing the Events team and striving to exceed standards ensuring total guest satisfaction.
- Ensure smooth running of the Meetings and Events department on a day to day basis with effective communication within and between departments
- Respond to the needs of guests and ensure satisfaction throughout their events
- Lead the Meetings and Events team, including all aspects of daily task assignment, as well as managing agency staff members
- Conduct training for team members regarding service and company standards
- Proactively deal with cost control within the department, through stock control, requisitions and consumption reports
What we are looking for:
- Someone with previous supervisory experience within a Meetings and Events environment
- Someone who is passionate about exceeding guest expectations
- Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
- A leader who is passionate about engaging, inspiring and developing their team
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment while leading from the front
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfill their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You’ll also be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Radisson Hotel Group hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.