3 months ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities.
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Meeting & Events Sales in Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow
* To achieve hotel revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by developing and implementing strategies to increase hotel Meeting and Events Sales
* To maximize sales by professional and efficient handling of bookings from the initial enquiry through to the final completion and follow up of each function.
* To exceed the customers expectation on every occasion ensuring that we become the preferred venue for our new, existing and past clients and booking agents.
* To be able to create guests satisfaction by providing the company experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations.
* Be a passionate, motivated , dynamic and enthusiastic Meeting and Events Sales Executive
* Excellent command of the English language
* At least 1 year experience as a Meeting and Events Sales Executive in a 4-5 star Hotel
* Demonstrate an ability to communicate with and understand the needs of others clients, colleagues and other departments.
* Use appropriate writing techniques for correspondence (e.g., letters, e-mails, proposals, etc.) with correct grammar and punctuation.
* Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first and effectively manage resources and time.
* Understand the positioning of the hotel, services provided and how the hotel can meet the needs of customers and be capable of closing business.
* Understands the cost/benefits of prospective business and vendor contracts and negotiates contracts which result in mutually beneficial outcomes.
* Apply sales techniques, after appropriate training, into every day customer contact to gain maximum conversion of business
* Presentation skills i.e. impeccable grooming standards
* Good knowledge of IT applications i.e. Opera or other M and E system, Word, Excel etc.,
* Strong people skills Strong negotiation skills Be eligible to work in the United Kingdom
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive
* Competitive Salary
* Career development opportunities and wide range of Training Programs
* 28 paid holidays per annum including Bank Holidays
* Complimentary hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.