4 months ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Meeting and Events Operations Manager
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within M and E Operations in Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street
Duties and Responsibilities
* Communicate effectively and respectfully to guests on all levels.
* Communicate effectively and respectfully to all members of staff.
* Multi task and prioritise your work.
* Leads, and participates in, the day-to-day running of all operational aspects of the meeting and events department
* Coordinate small to medium size events and ensures that guest expectations are met or exceeded
* Coordinate the set-up of rooms and other public areas in accordance with service excellence standards, ensuring that rooms are maintained to Show-round standard when not in use
* Ensure that all clients are effectively met and welcomed
* Have full knowledge of the food menu.
* Have full knowledge of the bar and wine products.
* Attend all staff meetings, as required conducts daily meetings to discuss event detail, special requests and product development
* Assists in monthly inventories
* Ensure that all storage areas, still rooms and bar areas are cleaned and inspected on a regular basis
* Ensure that appropriate account and cash bar procedures are implemented in accordance with agreed standards
* Preserve a remarkable guest experience
* Enforcing the correct etiquette and body language, as per Service Excellence standards.
* Constantly enforcing service standards
* Ensure all legislative and company fire, health and safety security guidelines are upheld
* Lead by example, and motivates M and E employees to make people feel special
* Communicate and reinforces the service excellence standards to employees
* Provide employees with the tools necessary to perform job responsibilities
* Seek opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking feedback and developing strategies to improve department services
* Give personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork to provide excellent guest service
* Assume responsibility to gather information about each guest in order to update client database, and uses details to ensure a truly personal service
* Provide employees with the orientation and on the job training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
* Supporting, recognising, encouraging and bringing out the best qualities in your co workers
* Supervise, evaluate and coach junior event manager and continuously implement training plans for all staff.
* Communicate performance expectations and provide employees with ongoing feedback
* Provide employees with coaching and counselling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential
* To check and maintain correct staffing levels in Front and Back of house as required during the function and efficiently utilize the resources allocated to the event
* Give personal attention, take personal responsibility and use teamwork to provide an excellent guest experience.
* Deliver unsupervised service standards in accordance with the Service Excellence standards
* To adhere to the brand grooming standards in accordance with the Service Excellence guidelines and to remain within such standards for the entirety of a working shift.
* Listen to and deal with complaints and provide immediate service recovery.
* Control departmental budget
* Assume responsibility for minimising costs, by controlling equipment use, linen, taxis, food, beverage, consumables, etc
* Maintain the security of meeting rooms
* Adhere to cash and float procedures
* Control staffing levels, to maintain a balance between customer demands, profitability and employee preferences, by ensuring appropriate number of staff on duty, and supervising the completion of M and E staff timesheets
* Seek to increase potential revenue by providing outstanding service and direct contact with clients, and up-selling food and beverage and hotel services
* Perform other duties as required
* Carries out any reasonable request that may be made by senior management
Knowledge of IT applications: Micros, Opera, ,My HR World Ramco, Office applications, as appropriate
Knowledge of Service Excellence service standards and M and E room set-ups
Has a Good command of the English language
Knowledge of company systems and procedures
Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport
Decision-making: Improve decision making by clarifying goals, sharing perspectives, identifying options and created a way forward
Performance Management/Supervisory: Ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels
Coaching: Develop and guide others in professional growth and performance enhancement through assuring clarity of goals, employing reflective listening skills, and facilitating the generation of options and action planning
Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skills assessment, objective setting, and communication
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.