11 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza Leeds
Department: Meeting & Events Operations
Type of employment: Part-time
Level: Team member
Date posted: 17/08/2019
Closing date: 13/02/2020
Meetings and Events Host
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Events career with us as Meetings and Events Host at Park Plaza Leeds. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As our Meetings and Events Host you will ensure our guests have the best possible experience during their conference, event or party, providing the highest levels of service and quality.
- Ensure Meetings and Events areas are set up and ready for our guests arrival. Greet guests with a warm welcome and provide a prompt, caring and helpful attitude throughout their events.
- Serve food and drinks to our guests in a variety of styles, depending on the type of event – for example dinner functions, buffets at conferences or canapé receptions.
- Communicate in an engaging and inspiring way with guests and colleagues
- Take responsibility for the use and storage of departmental service equipment, including conducting stock checks as directed by your line manager or team leader.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with experience working in a customer service role within a conference or meeting venue
- Someone with a high standard of personal presentation and a confident, professional, positive and welcoming personality will enjoy working with our team
- Someone who is passionate about exceeding guest expectations
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced team environment
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfill their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You’ll also be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Radisson Hotel Group hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.