5 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza County Hall London
Department: Meeting & Events Operations
Type of employment: Casual
Level: Team member
Date posted: 29/12/2018
Closing date: 27/06/2019
Meetings and Events Assistant
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Events career with us as Meetings and Events Assistant at Park Plaza County Hall. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As our Meetings and Events Assistant you will ensure our guests have the best possible experience during their meeting or event, providing the highest levels of service and quality. As a main point of contact during meetings and events you will be well presented and have excellent communication skills. It is important that you have the ability to work as part of a team but also use your own initiative in order to deal with guest requests.
- Ensure Meetings and Events areas are set up and ready for our guests arrival. Greet guests with a warm welcome and provide a prompt, caring and helpful attitude throughout their events. Answering guest requests in a timely and efficient manner and aiming to fulfil any special requirements during the meeting/event.
- Serve food and drinks to our guests in a variety of styles, depending on the type of event. Ensuring meeting areas are clean and tidy (including storage spaces)
- Setting up & breaking down function rooms, prepare tea & coffee breaks and lunch stations at the correct time as stated in Banquet Event Order
- Assisting other departments wherever necessary and maintaining good working relationships across all areas
What we are looking for:
- Someone with experience working within a hotel or meeting venue
- Someone with a high standard of personal presentation and a confident, professional, positive and welcoming personality
- Someone who is passionate about exceeding guest expectations, have a positive `can do` attitude and willing to learn
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced team environment, while able to pay close attention to details
- Someone with high levels of energy and drive with hard - working attitude
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfill their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You’ll also be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Radisson Hotel Group hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.