about 1 month ago
Do you want to join a Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality? Do you want to work in an industry that offers SO many different career paths? Do you want to express yourself? Do you want flexibility? Do you want to feel safe at work? Do you want to be part of a company that takes sustainability and the environment seriously? Do you want to work for a company that truly values diversity and inclusion? You answered YES to all of these questions, right? So get applying for this opportunity!
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to become part the pre-opening team at the The Westin London City, reporting into the Meetings and Events Manager. This position supports activities to reactively sell the hotel, coordinating and contributing to the sales phase of incoming complex events, group and catering enquiries. Here’s a snapshot of the main duties:
* Responsible for the reactive sales of group bedroom and catering enquiries from start to contract handover. Enquiries will be for both corporate and social segments. Communication channels include telephone, e-mail or 3rd party intermediary sites
* Creates quotations and proposals based on customer requirements, conducts regular follow-up calls to identify changing needs, converts enquiries into confirmed bookings and issues contracts.
* Inputting enquiries into the relevant booking systems and ensures data integrity
* Conducting site visits to showcase hotel
* Conducts post-event calls to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels and secure repeat business
* Engaging with hotel Operations Team to ensure client expectations can be met and exceeded.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
* Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) and a high standard of English is essential
* Confident communication style across different channels (telephone, e-mail, intermediary websites etc.)
* Confident sales skills; ability to negotiate; strong problem-solving skills, and ability to seek solutions
* A flexible, positive, and proactive team player
* Groups / reservations experience in a four- or five-star hotel would be preferable
* Opera experience desirable
* This is a permanent role, scheduled to start at the middle of August 2021.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock – the oldest in London – and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott’s Westin brand in the UK. The hotel’s 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There's open, clear communication from the top
* We've got great career development opportunities
* There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes – to keep you motivated
* Money off high street retailers – hundreds of savings to be had
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty?(this could easily equate to over £1000 per year saving to you *based on full time hours)
* Pension – as it’s important to save for a later date
* Flexible pay with Wagestream – a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it
* Training programmes – we want you to be the best you can be
* Tips – a bit extra is always handy
* Cycle to Work Scheme – huge savings on buying a new bike
* Refer a Friend Scheme – just by putting a good word in for a mate will earn you extra cash
The Bigger Picture
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!