10 months ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Meeting and Events Operations Waiter/ess
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within M and E Operations in The May Fair
Customer satisfaction is our key focus as hosts, our aim is to surprise and delight all our guests, by seamlessly providing an experience which exceeds their expectations.
Anticipating guest needs and understanding the importance of delivering to each guest personalized service beyond their expectations. We are the memory makers, it begins with opening our doors on arrival greeting guest by name with a genuine smile in a friendly professional manor and provide a delightful experience that our guests cherish.
To report directly to the M and E Operations Manager and adhere to and follow the service excellence standards at all times. Delivering a great service experience that makes people feel special, a key to this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general guidance and supervision of the M and E Operations Manager, ensure you have a full understanding of the service excellence standard and deliver a guest experience that is unique.
The Waiter/ess will be expected to follow direct instruction from the senior team in order to fulfil all aspects of the function as outlined in the function sheet
* Communicate effectively and respectfully to guests on all levels.
* Communicate effectively and respectfully to all members of staff.
* Multi task and prioritise your work.
* Ensure event spaces are set as per standards issues by the senior team.
* Understand and anticipate guests needs.
* Preserve a remarkable guest experience
* Follow the correct etiquette and body language, as per Service Excellence standards.
* Take orders or updates to the function sheet correctly and communicate them to the relevant personnel.
* Understand timing of service and order F and B items accordingly
* Serve F and B items confidently and comfortably.
* Have full knowledge of the food menu.
* Have full knowledge of the bar and wine products.
* To meet and greet each and every guest
* Ensure company procedures and Service Excellence standards are maintained in order to ensure consistent delivery of service.
* Thank each and every guest, when leaving the event.
* Give personal attention, take personal responsibility and use teamwork to provide an excellent guest experience.
* Deliver unsupervised service standards in accordance with the Service Excellence standards
* To adhere to the brand grooming standards in accordance with the Service Excellence guidelines and to remain within such standards for the entirety of a working shift.
* Clears tables, cleans food and beverage areas both FOH and BOH post event and prepares equipment and mis en place on an ongoing basis, in accordance to the Service Excellence standards
* Handles cash payments and float in accordance with company standards.
* Carry and handle equipment as per service standards and H and S guidelines.
* Listen to and deal with complaints and provide immediate service recovery and inform a senior member of staff of any guest issues.
* Supporting, recognising, encouraging and bringing out the best qualities in your co workers
* Leading by example
Confident with computers and basic computer packages
Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport
Has a good level of Food and beverage product knowledge
Has a good command of the English language
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.