4 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza London Riverbank
Department: Meeting & Events Sales
Type of employment: Full-time
Level: Team member
Date posted: 17/10/2017
Closing date: 15/04/2018
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Meetings & Events career with us as a Meetings & Events Planning Executive at Park Plaza London Riverbank. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills as Meetings & Events Planning Executive and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As a Meetings & Events Planning Executive at Park Plaza London Riverbank you will, under the general guidance of the Meetings and Events Sales and Planning Manager, maximise guest satisfaction and the hotels profitability by pro-actively selling the meeting & events function space. All work is to be carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines and departmental business plan, and Park Plaza corporate guidelines and service concepts.
* Carry out full hotel show rounds as requested by the client/management, maximising on every opportunity to highlight unique selling points and up sell options
* Ensure the client receives a detailed event order in advance of their event. Communicate this information in a timely and accurate way to all operational departments.
* To practice efficient and effective yield management in line with guidelines and in consultation with the Meetings & Events Sales Manager. Promote special offers where appropriate and maximise each and every sales opportunity.
* Liaise directly with each event organiser to gain all relevant information regarding all functions
* Organise meet and greet the client on the day and maintain a presence throughout the event.
* Ensure all communication between the relevant parties, related to the appropriate event is maximised and conducted in a professional manner.
* Ensure accounting procedures are adhered to at all times – issue credit application forms, obtain prepayments, reconcile and check final invoices, and collect deposit payments as contracted.
* Resolve any client disputes and complaints in a professional manner and within guidelines issued. Feedback all comments to relevant Park Plaza personnel.
What we are looking for:
* A person who easily connects with others and can live up to our mission statement: Inspiring our guests through individuality and passion!
* Someone who is passionate about exceeding guest expectations
* Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
* Enjoys working in a fast paced working environment
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfil their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You will be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.