about 1 year ago
To be responsible for the day to day efficient management of the Meeting & Events department, in order to maximise occupancy, revenue and yield in line with company procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To ensure that all reactive sales enquiries are dealt with in a positive manner, and converted to confirmed bookings to the agreed company core standards using the company sales conversion techniques.
* Carry out a number pro-active calls (20 per week) plus mailshots and social media activity each week as agreed with GM to generate new business into the Hotel.
* Review any lapsed business and follow pro-active sales activity to bring this back to the Hotel
* Prepare the weekly function sheets for circulation to all departments and rolling monthly 3 month M&E forecast.
* To ensure that the Meeting and Events database and chase system is updated, actioned daily and utilised for all live enquiries, existing clients and potential new business.
* Ensure team is aware of referral procedures, when denying enquiries.
* Prepare weekly/monthly trackers and M&E logs for circulation to sales/revenue teams & GM
* To be involved in converting business and generating sales through show rounds and ‘Fam Trips’
* To grow and develop, existing customers through regular contact, meeting and greeting, follow up calls, etc.
* Ensure that both rooms and conference business is being logged daily, weekly and monthly by the M&E team.
* To ensure that all Meeting and Events organisers, and any VIP guests are met on arrival and departure, in order to ensure good customer relations and establish future business opportunities.
* To develop with the Revenue Manager and Reservation team a year planner, therefore identifying and managing seasonal peaks and business trends. Therefore, maximising yield, and achieving rooms budget.
* To help identify market trends and co-ordinate sales activities accordingly, with the Revenue Manager.
* To take an active role in annual budgeting process and development of the Sales Action Plan, with the Revenue Manager/General Manager.
* To ensure that a professional appearance and manner is shown to all visitors resulting in positive PR both internally and externally
* To communicate and share knowledge with other hotel departments, on a regular basis. Through comprehensive function and amendments sheets and function sheet meeting.
* To ensure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence is dealt with correctly and efficiently.
* To ensure that the weekly events sheet is produced and distributed on the agreed day of the week, and that any amendments are sent to all departments as soon as possible.
* To ensure that reception are trained and have necessary tools to help with an enquiry out of hours.
* To ensure that the M&E, wedding and Christmas Brand Standards are in place.
* To ensure that all brochures, packages and information is up to date and readily available.
* To ensure that all events and group bookings have company terms and conditions and contracts.
* To maintain a close relationship with the Accounts department to ensure that there is an accurate production of bills, to be sent to the client within 24 hours.
* Familiarise yourself with Company Values which link to the desired behaviours that we expect all our employees to display
* Ensure you have a sound knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events and where further information can be obtained.
* Must attend all H & S, Fire and Food Safety Training as directed by designated Line Manager.
* Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe system of work appropriate to your role.
* Comply with the company polices and code of conduct at all times.
* Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
* Any other tasks as delegated by your line manager